How to start blogging | MAKE MONEY BLOGGING | HOW I EARNED MY FIRST $200 BLOGGING

Information world
0

MAKE MONEY BLOGGING | HOW I EARNED MY FIRST $200 BLOGGING



 I can skip that so you want to start a blog but you're not really sure that it's actually going to make money right well I definitely think that it can and it doesn't take years to cut your first check if you have the right strategies in place I'm Alison Lindstrom the unofficial nerd for driven girl bosses and today I'm going to be talking about all of the main factors that really went into me earning my first $200 blogging coming up right now so if you're new here you should probably know that I am a full-time blogger that's how I make my money I started my blog called frugal and Perry calm now it's called Alison Lynch I'm calm but I started it back in March of 2015 and in June of 2015 I earned two hundred and thirty six dollars and fifty-seven cents that's rather small when you think of depending on that kind of income but

 I was very blessed and I worked really really hard and I was able to turn that 236 dollars into a full-time income by the time March of 2016 rolled around so yes you can totally make a full-time income from blogging no it's not easy and it's not an overnight success it doesn't happen quickly unless you're extremely lucky or you've got some really impressive connections now really quick for transparency sake I do want to say that 

I earned that 236 in June of 2015 through sponsorships and ad revenue now ad companies and sponsorship companies I mean depending on who you're connecting with who you're working with they pay out on different cycles so sometimes they pay out in 30 days 45 days 60 days I mean it really just depends so I just wanted to clarify that and be very transparent and say that I earned that 236 in June of 2015 I didn't deposit that money in my account in June of 2015 so before we get into my details here you know I just want to say have a back-up plan if you have financial obligations this definitely didn't happen overnight for me and before I worked on just my blog and selling courses and things like that 


I worked as a virtual assistant in a freelancer that's how I made my income before I was able to finally get my blog up to a point to where I could you know shift directions and kind of change careers or just shift my career if you will so definitely have a back-up plan okay let's get into the details now there were a lot of factors that went into that first check but here are the main ones that I think really made a difference key factor number one I prepared my mindset for business do not under any circumstances let anyone make you feel guilty for having money on the line and wanting to make a profit from your blog if that's not the path for them or if that's you know doesn't feel right for them just whatever they're playing a different ballgame then you're playing make sure that you have the mindset of a businesswoman so a you would like to make a profit and be you really want to provide some sort of value in some way so you're still contributing to the world and you know maybe inspiring people or enriching their day in some way but you also want to make sure that the time that you invest is profitable and there's nothing wrong with that key factor number two I determined my main niche and then I listened to my audience and when I startedblogging I think I wrote about five or six different categories it was a little crazy okay I'm not gonna lie to you but I was still kind of like figuring myself out but I listened to my audience so I got questions about personal finance but brother did

 I get some questions about blogging and online business so I was really fortunate in that case it I was talking about a subject that I just could talk about all day and on top of that that was the obvious category that my readers really loved more than anything else key factor number three I actually started the darn blog so really quick if you're interested I actually have a step-by-step video tutorial on how to set up your blog and your hosting just to get you started because sometimes the technical stuff is a little overwhelming and I'll leave a link for it somewhere around here so you can click on that and go take a peek if you want to but in the mean time I will let you know that fear of failure that is the number one reason 
I receive when I ask any of my readers why they haven't started a blog yet I just want to take a moment and give you a high five okay let's talk about how brave you're being for putting yourself out there on a blog yes you will probably into a few meanies online I know that I certainly have but if we're getting real here you're probably going to run into them in real life as well because sometimes this beautiful world can be just a little messy so embrace that fear and just start your blog unleash that incredible girl boss that you are because you could really make a difference key factor number four I connected with other bloggers I always like to say that bloggers support bloggers we can really help each other out with a learning curve when we get started with blogging we inspire each other and I know that being close friends with some of my really really awesome bloggers out there have just really like pushed me to be the best businesswoman 

I could possibly be when you get a group of really intelligent just like driven women who want to make a difference in the world and they just kind of support each other incredible things happen okay key factor number five and this isn't a hard rule but I feel like it was a little beneficial for me I did have a good collection of posts before I really started promoting hard core I told people about my blog when I was like kind of starting out but I really started pushing it and promoting it on all the social media platforms once I had I would say like maybe 20 or 30 posts written the idea behind this is that when people land on your blog if your content is great you only have three posts that's okay like but the idea is that if you have 20 or 30 and people land on your blog and you're putting in a lot of time to promote on social media they're more likely to stick around because you have 20 to 30 very good blog posts key factor number six I changed strategies when what was working for the crowd wasn't working for me I very much walked me to my own drum 

I try to be very conscientious to find inspiration from other bloggers but if it's just not working for me I just give myself permission to say hey girl change strategies and try something else even if like everyone and their brother is over there doing you know whatever that is if a certain strategy is just not working for you change it even if that's what everyone else is doing and they claim it's going to work if you've really tried it and you're just not seeing results you are your own rock star so find something else that fits you okay guys that wraps it up for this video and if you walk away with one thought I really want it to be

 I can totally do this because you can be sure to hit the like button if you are excited to start your blogging journey or if you already have started your blogging journey I would love to hear about how it's going leave me a comment below don't forget to subscribe if you want to catch new videos in the future and as always I'm Alison Lindstrom and I will see you next time bye 

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)